~

"To be strong in the end, you must fight from the beginning."

Monday, June 25, 2012

GRRRR!!!! Yet Another Challenge in my Already Hectic Life

Hahaha now THIS would be so useful!!!
So as mentioned briefly in my last blog, I am currently preparing for my class 5 road test (drivers license). I have had my learners for a year and a half now and I'm just tired of waiting! I'm scheduled to do my test tomorrow but just yesterday I thought "hold the phone. I have diabetes now, this changes things." So in a panic I started doing some research to see what the conditions were, what I had to do, etc. I freaked out when I saw a European article where there was talk about a new law not allowing diabetics to drive if they have  two or more hypos a year. TWO! And that includes while they're sleeping!!! I also posted on some diabetes forums to ask if people knew the protocol but it nobody really knew for my area. After some extensive searching I found that in Alberta, apparently all you need is a medical screening saying that you're okay to drive. This alone bummed me out because I though that I was going to have to completely reschedule my test because it would have taken forever for me to get in to see my doctor. Luckily though I called the agency where I was planning to sit (drive?) the exam. I'm allowed to take the exam but if I pass then I will need to have that screening filled out and sent in before they can re-class my license. Bummer, but at least I get to do my test. Wish me luck!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment