~

"To be strong in the end, you must fight from the beginning."

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My JDRF Bag of Hope Finally Came!!!

So after I first got diagnosed I definitely took advantage of all the freebies that companies were offering. Free meter's, free literature, and yes, the infamous JDRF bag of hope. This bag is given out free to type 1's who order no more than 3 months from their diagnosis date. It is designed to help new diabetics under the age of 18 cope with their new condition. Although it varies, the contents usually include and backpack, different sorts of literature and promotions, and if you're under the age of 12, a teddy bear with diabetes named Rufus or Ruby that is meant to help teach children about injections (I still got a Ruby bear and I'm 17! lol). 

I think that this is an awesome tool especially for younger children to ease them into their new lifestyle. It's cool to know that you are supported no matter what and who doesn't love free stuff right?

Newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic? Get your Bag of Hope here!



No comments:

Post a Comment