~

"To be strong in the end, you must fight from the beginning."

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Learn To Laugh

I have always been the kind of person to laugh and make fun of myself. That didn't stop when I got diagnosed. The first day I got back to school from the hospital, my friends and I were joking about how I now have "diabeetus" and how I should play the song "Shots" by LMFAO when giving myself insulin injections. Diabetes doesn't have to be all bad. I find it's actually a really good conversation starter and that it gives me an opportunity to educate others about my condition. If you can laugh at yourself and learn to accept that you are unique, life becomes more relaxed. Until they find a cure, you will always have diabetes. But you can have diabetes with flare! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment