~

"To be strong in the end, you must fight from the beginning."

Friday, May 25, 2012

Getting Stuck In

One of my dad's favorite sayings is "just get stuck into it". He usually says that when he wants us to work really hard at something. I took this thought and applied it to my life with diabetes. Right away after I got diagnosed that I decided that I was going to have a completely positive mindset about the whole thing. My friends always joke that I should just become the poster child for Type 1 because I am always willing to share my story and talk about diabetes openly. I always say to anyone who asks about my diabetes that I'm "taking this sucker by the horns". It's not that I love the fact that I have diabetes, I love that fact that it's given me something to fight for and to be passionate about. I always liked being unique and this is just another thing that makes me stand out from everyone else. If you are newly diagnosed with diabetes (or any condition/disease for that matter) my advice is that you don't let it get to you. Milk it for all it's worth and don't get down. You are able to do this. I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment