~

"To be strong in the end, you must fight from the beginning."

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Wasn't a Fan of Nick Jonas Until I got Diabetes

Nick Jonas: that heart throb of many pre-teen girls (and a couple university ones for that matter). It's not that I despised him or his music, he was just never the first person I would choose to listen to. I saw the Jonas Brother's as a stereotypical pop/ boy band that probably wasn't going to make it very far. That was until I got diabetes. I remembered hearing somewhere that Nick also had diabetes so a couple days after my diagnosis I started doing some research. I was amazed by how much he had pushed himself and how much he had accomplished despite his condition. As an aspiring musician myself, I was inspired to work at it the same way he did. Not only has his career taken off but he is also a fantastic advocate for juvenile diabetes. You can tell that he truly cares and wants to make a difference. I can honestly say that I have a lot of respect for that man and I'm not afraid to admit that he is the background on my iPod.


No comments:

Post a Comment